Saturday 22 September 2012

Mishaps, Scrapes, Stress & Smiles

Well I know I missed last weeks Fifty Shades, but in my defense it has been a mega busy week, full of mishaps, scrapes and stress with a few lovely bits thrown in.


The end of last week was spent trying to get Nigella ready for her first wedding, Dan & Rich worked very late on Friday night, the engine went in, the engine came out, the engine went in...do you get the picture?  I'd like to say I was calm and collected but I was a bag of nerves, worn out and panicking as didn't want to let the wedding party down.  Saturday morning was an early start for them as they finished off the last few bits.  Dan drove back home in her at 9.15am just as we were due to set off for London.  I have never been so glad to see him.



After a thankfully uneventful trip along the M25 we pulled up at the collection address and were greeted by the loveliest family, who made us feel so welcome.  They loved both Nigella and Delia and we spent a lovely day driving them round the capital, first the wedding at Camden Town Hall


Then on to a restuarant in Chelsea,  Nigella got so much attention from passerby who kept stopping to take her photo...poor old Delia was feeling a little jealous I think!




It really was a great day, the sun shone, the bride looked gorgeous and the family were so nice and I got to spend the day with my husband, life felt good and made all the stress of the previous week worthwhile.



I went to collect Ramsey from his barn earlier in the week and was so busy watching the off side I didn't realise how close I was to the drivers side, duh!  I managed to wedge him against a metal reinforcement plate on the barn door....poor Ramsey.


He then went in for a new gear box as he had a 'six rib' one added but it kept popping out of first gear, which although didn't bother us, hirers don't like the kind of thing!  After some teething problems I'm happy to report his gearing is now back to stock, and working perfectly.

His bodywork will be sorted this week so he is ready to roll again...so if fancy crusing in the coolest early bay on the hire circut shout Custard Campers now.



Sunday saw the male Custards set off to The Players Show at North Weald Airfield, they were in the T2Detectives air cooled hanger.

Our son loved this show and was particurlary impressed with the remote control cars showing off their drifting skills.....wasn't really for me but I think perhaps I'm the wrong sex and too old to enjoy looking at super shiny golfs and polos but each to their own!




Delia is currently touring the west country and seems to be behaving herself, a small issue with her points but this has swiftly been sorted and her hirer's were able to continue with their long holiday at the wheel.



Dan booked a day off work and we set off to the Volksworld's Birthday Bash at Brands Hatch on Thursday evening but I have so many photos of that I will blog them tomorrow.

Kerry x






No comments:

Post a Comment