Tuesday 28 May 2013

Mrs Beeton

Regular followers of our facebook page will already know about our newest camper but I felt it was time to introduce her formally here....

Hello Mrs Beeton


She was bought on a complete whim....Dan was busy looking for a crew cab or ratty panel van when he stumbled on an advert for this lovely lady.  I didn't need asking twice, he was duly packed off with money in his pocket to secure the deal.   



I had to wait a little while before I could see her when we went to collect her but she was definitely worth the wait....I absolutely LOVE her.   She is very pretty and so lovely to drive.  Like our Nigella she is another Californian import born in 1967, obviously a good year for these campers ;)

She was almost ready to go but did just need her upholstery in the rear and some other bits and pieces, so she was booked into the fantastic Kustom Interiors at Rawreth for her trimming.




We have put new seals on her cab doors and cargo doors but that's really not very exciting to see so I won't bore you with pictures of them.   We do like to give all our campers our 'custard' touch so I went shopping for some cookery books....


and after some cutting and sticking, turned them into recipe door cards....


At some point she will need her headlining replacing but for now I have added some roses to tidy it up, plus they look very pretty.


We've had a Fireboy system fitted in her engine bay as the thought of an engine fire is something that makes me shudder!  She is off to Precious Metal tomorrow to get a few more bits sorted and then she should be ready to go out on her first hire this weekend.

I know she's going to put a smile on people's faces as she is just so much fun to drive....and to travel in.


If you fancy a spin in Mrs Beeton just give Custard Campers a shout, self drive hire in Essex and London.

Kerry x







No comments:

Post a Comment