Friday 13 January 2012

Day Off In London Town

Today was a day off and a day out with Mr Custard, after riding via the school to drop the kids off, we cycled on to the station and caught the train to London.  Having briefly passed through Carnaby Street before Christmas I thought how nice it looked and wanted to go back for a bit of a nose around.


Time was duly spent in the Barbour shop where he tried to convince me that £200 on a jacket was a fair deal, I'm pleased to say he failed!  I then duly made he wait while I drooled over the gorgeous shoes in Irregular Choice, but haven't said he couldn't have a jacket I could hardly spend loads on a pair of shoes!

Nice though it was round that area there wasn't actually that much there, we had gone to look in Kingly Court but sadly a lot of the boutiques there didn't open until Midday but we did go in the Things British shop which is always full of really quirky handmade things.



We then decided to detour over to Holburn to check out a bicycle shop for Mr Custard, I tried and failed on several attempts to get him to let us go on the Boris Bikes....for someone so into his bicycles he was strangely unenthusiastic to give them a go.!

we were looking at these rather than riding on these 

After a lunch of differing first at Pret than to Strada where having waited 20 minutes for them to take our order we gave up and went back to Pret.  This just left time to head over to Brick Lane for a browse but we never made it that far as I got sidetracked in the fabulous Fairy Gothmother shop.  I bought this gorgeous sailor dress from their sale rail...happy days!


By then it was time to get the train back to collect the kids.  We arrived in Chelmsford to find our bikes securely locked inside the railway bike sheds, and us securely locked OUT of said bike shed for at least another hour.  Now I'm not one to point blame but I'm pretty certain I told Mr Custard this would happen when we put them there in the morning!  Thus a chilly walk rather than cycle to the school and he had to go and collect the bikes later in Delia.



Was a lovely day though

Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment