Saturday 12 May 2012

Bring On The Colour

As regular followers will know, back in March we purchased a very retro looking Splitscreen camper.  She was at the time sporting some a metallic brown paint job with orange pinstriping and air scoops.  It was always the plan to have a full bare metal respray carried out, so off to the bodyshop she went.


So far it's been all about removing all her paint and uncovering any body issues, which so far has not thrown up any nasty surprises, thankfully.



Our thoughts have now turned to what colour to paint her...and here's where the issues start.  Taking campers out of the equation we don't always have the same ideas on what looks good but up to this point Dan's usually not been fussed enough to take a stand hence why we have a fuchsia kitchen walls & a pink and red lounge but this time I've not been able to get it all my own way.  He's put his foot down and expressed some strong opinions on what we should spray her.

His absolute favourite is a black roof and mustard body (I can't find a picture of this so you'll have to use your imagination) but I can also put my foot down...no way this lady needs a white roof and upper.  So for the last month we have secretly had this colour combo in mind.....


we saw this bus for sale and loved it, we both thought it was a nice happy colour.  After speaking to the bodyshop where it was suggested that for future touch ups it would be better to stick  to a regular paint colour that has a code so there is no messing around trying to remix each time.  Bring on the debate once more!  what colour what colour what colour....

So Dan's favourite is currently olive green and white


I do love this and think it looks really cool but I'm not sure it's right for the wedding market.  Our split will be going out on glamping adventures & road trips but I see her working very hard on weddings.  I think it's too dark to appeal to brides, Dan disagrees but he's a boy so what does he know!

It has been suggested if we want to hit the wedding market we should just spray her pearl white all over


Nice but I just can't bring myself to agree...I love colour.

I originally wanted purple and white


Still love this but think maybe everyone is right and it's bit too much of a personal choice....so then I thought blue and white


or baby blue and white

Dan wasn't too keen on the blues so then we thought of greens, we both like mango green


But again I like it I don't love it, and not sure if it's bridal material?  So then we looked at Turkis 


and then we looked back at the blues with Bahama Blue



and still we haven't reached a decision we're both happy with.  I've always loved the minty green type colour (not sure what it's called but Dan think anything pastel coloured is wishy washy!) So any input...suggestions...would be very helpful.  Which of the above do you like, what would be best for weddings...comments please.

Maybe I should also add in Dan is colour blind  fact!

Kerry x








2 comments:

  1. For what it is worth here's my opinion. Bold bright colours are ok if you're just going glamping or want a show bus, however if you're looking into wedding hire then original pastel colours are the only way to go, pastel greens / beige / pastel blue etc... whatever way you decide to go, it must have a white upper body! Lokk forward to seeing your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,

    thanks for your input..I completely agree. I think the pastel green/white upper has it at the moment!

    ReplyDelete