Sunday 14 July 2013

Classic Camper Show & Vintage Fair

As we knew we had no work today, we'd roughly planned a trip over to the Classic Campervan Show & Vintage Fair at Langford Museum of Power.  



Dan's dad was visiting for the day, so for once we didn't rush to get out by a certain time, we just went when we felt like it and arrived at around 11.30.  



As this wasn't a full on VW show I had no idea whether there would be many campers there but it was a pretty good turnout, mostly VW's but also a group from the Classic Campervan Club.

We had a mooch around the vintage stalls, something I love doing.



I was made up with my one purchase of the day, a fantastic 70's style lounger....


It's already been tested out in the garden and I'm now thinking I need to get my swing chair recovered in matching fabric (with the obligatory white tassels that swing chairs used to have!)

We bumped into our friend 'Alice'....


She is one cool dog, who also has a very cool ride..... 

We tried to keep out of the heat with mixed success...




It was incredibly hot and there was very little shade so I didn't spend as much time looking at the campers on display as I normally would but I did manage to get snaps of some of them.  It was mostly bays & it was good to see they appeared to be family campers that are used for exactly what they were designed for rather than the 'show n shine' ones that tend to be on display at the big shows.  Not to say that these ones weren't lovely and shiny because they definitely were.




There was a few nice splits as well....



including of course our Nigella, it was so nice to over hear some lovely comments on her when people stopped to look, not realising we were with her.  I chuckled when several people commented on what a pretty girly camper she was, as I always think of Nigella as Dan's camper out of all of them.


We popped in to the Museum which is not really my thing, lots of mechanical engineering models etc but my father in law seemed to think it was pretty good (I'm guessing it's a blokes thing?!?)




We headed off home for a barbecue around 3pm as my head just couldn't take any more sun but it was a nice relaxed day, the bands were good but quite loud & I'm a bit puzzled that one of them had a song about date rape, sung very loudly out to the family crowd, bit odd (I think I must be getting old as I longed for something quieter and lots of shade)  

I've put a few more pictures up on our facebook page here

Kerry x










No comments:

Post a Comment