Friday 13 July 2012

What I Do When I'm Not Messing With Campers

After another tough (did someone say stressful?) week trying to get our campers to behave and ready for their hires I was more than ready for some down time.

As it was my friend Louise's birthday tomorrow we (me & my lovely friends Vicky & Katie) had secretly been planning a treat for her, our original plan had been a trip to Frinton in a campervan but it turned out all our campers were going to be out on hire so plans were remade.

We only had the afternoon due to Louise's work so we planned a surprise picnic in the park but after the damp weather of late we again had to change our plans....so a posh tea party it was.



Katie made very dainty sandwiches with the crusts cut off and yes some of them were cucumber!  Vicky baked a Muppets birthday cake, and some scones & flapjacks and so what did I bake...nothing as I'm a rubbish baker and hate anything that involves the kitchen.  My contribution was some props like the picnic basket, table cloths, bunting, flowers etc etc.




Due to running late on getting Ramsey back here, I was still busy washing and polishing him when I should of been helping get the surprise ready but thankfully Vicky & Katie are more than use to me being a bit hopeless and unreliable and got everything sorted in my absence.


I waved Ramsey's hirers off at 12.30 then did the quickest wash & change in to my gladrags I've ever managed and ran (yes ran) round to Vicky's arriving just as Katie pulled up with birthday girl Louise.  We had great fun basically stuffing as much food in as we could while still managing to breathe in our boned dresses....no easy task.

If only we had lunch like this everyday it put's my normal cheese sandwich to shame...


Happy Birthday Louise 


Meanwhile back at Custard HQ we off to visit our splittie tomorrow so hopefully I can get a few new pictures to share with you.

Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment